3-Day Landscape Painting Workshop with Dave Groom
This workshop is aimed at people of all levels. The idea of the workshop is to focus on the natural landscape and learn to see it in your own artistic way. Dave Groom has conducted several drawing and painting workshops and will guide you with techniques and ways to approach and construct you works of art. Choose to paint in the studio environment or 'plein air' as there is plenty of subject matter right outside the studio door.
Dave Groom is a professional landscape artist who has been painting for over 20 years. His work primarily focusses on the landscape that surrounds his studio on the edge of Lamington National Park. He works in graphite, charcoal, pastel and oils, all of which he is happy to teach you techniques for.
Dates: Friday 15 to Sunday 17 April 2016 / 9:30am – 4:30pm daily
Venue: Dave Groom Gallery. 671 Binna Burra Rd, Beechmont (on the edge of Lamington National Park)
- 3 days of tuition and guidance from landscape artist Dave Groom
- Use of professional artist studio which has ample space to create your work. (There are chairs, tables and wall space to support or hang work for creating and viewing, as well as practical tools used in the studio environment)
- Lunch and afternoon tea daily
What to bring:
- All art supplies (choose to work with graphite, charcoal, chalk pastel, oil paints, or a combination)
- Easel (if this is your preferred method of working)
- A suggested art materials list can be provided
Cost: $270 per person
Minimum number participants – 5
Maximum number participants- 12
For further information and to book the workshop, contact Dave or phone 0434036975.